CommandCentral Analytics 3.0 Released
On December 8, 2014 PublicEngines released CommandCentral Analytics 3.0, a substantial upgrade to our popular CommandCentral Analytics product. CommandCentral Analytics 3.0 adds mobile access, speed and performance improvements, and a totally new look and feel to the product.
This FAQ is to help you understand the primary differences in this update, provide minimum browser requirements, and help you understand any outstanding issues that you may experience when using CommandCentral Analytics 3.0.
Access to CommandCentral Analytics 3.0
There are several ways to access CommandCentral Analytics 3.0:
- Use the new shortcut at www.commandcentral.com
- Log into the CrimeReports website, proceed to the Admin Tools menu and select "CommandCentral Analytics 3.0" tile from the list of your products (Note that you will be required to sign in a second time when using this option).
- Use the old CommandCentral 2.0 shortcut at www.crimereports.com/CommandCentral/login and select the CommandCentral Analytics 3.0 sign in section.
PublicEngines recommends, that where possible, customers should use the most current version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari when accessing CommandCentral Analytics 3.0. However, the following minimum browser versions are supported due to differing IT policies among police agencies.
- Chrome 36
- Firefox 33
- Internet Explorer 10
- Safari 8
- Safari 8 (iPad)
- Chrome 39 (iPad)
- Chrome 39 (Android)
Known issues with CommandCentral 3.0
As of December 8, 2014 these are the known issues with CommandCentral 3.0. The PublicEngines development team is actively working on these issues, so please check back frequently for a current list.
- You are required to sign in twice when using the Product Menu tiles at www.crimereports.com/tools - The initial login to access the tiles, then a second time to access CommandCentral 3.0.
- The "Change Over Base" calculation on the Reporting Tab is incorrect.
- The color indicators on the "Std. Dev Level" (Standard Deviation Level) do not correctly update when sorting by various individual field types.
- In rare cases, clicking on Email Reports (the envelope icon at the top left) will not display the current charts/graphs that are active in the tab.
- Navigation from the Products dropdown (in the top navigation bar) fails if you are not logged into both www.crimereports.com and www.commandcentral.com.
- The Products dropdown is missing an entry for CrimeReports.
- The export options on the Roll Call tab do not work.
- Multi-incident icons are incorrectly formatted in Internet Explorer 11, other formatting issues in Internet Explorer 11.
- Map shape labels are missing.
- The "Save Data Settings" command does not confirm the request has been successful.
- Even on larger format tablets, some navigation bar elements can overlap.