CommandCentral Analytics Map Update - Outstanding Issues
PublicEngines is pleased to announce a major update to the user interface (UI) for CommandCentral Analytics. This update will introduce an improved look and feel to the product, and enhance the controls you use to analyze your data. As a first step in this update, beginning September 2, 2014 you will notice a few subtle changes to the maps feature in CommandCentral Analytics.
The most significant change you will notice when using any map in CommandCentral Analytics is that while adjusting the various filters (Crime Types, Areas, and Date Range) the map will be temporarily replaced by a static image – essentially a small thumbnail image of a map that displays while the user makes changes to the active filters.
Figure 1 - New Map Thumbnail
After completing adjustments to map filters, the map thumbnail will disappear and the updated map with the new filter settings will be displayed.
Known Map Issues
As of August 27, 2014 these are the known issues with map objects in CommandCentral Analytics:
- The time field in the map info window (individual incident pop-ups) does not display.
- A map linked with a list view does not open the info window when an individual incident is clicked in the list view.
- The map is partially covered at the top by the map controls when a user opens the CommandCentral alert bar.
- All map markers (incident icons) reload every time the map is refreshed or resized, or the map filters are changed.
- Map views do not display in IE8.
- The list view and map in the Roll Call tab are not correctly linked together – Changes made in the list view are not correctly reflected on the map and vice-versa.
- Map zoom levels on the Maps tab are not linked together - Increasing the zoom on one map will not increase it on the other map.
- The “Manage Agency Page” map in Admin Tools does not display.
- The “Manage Area Types” map in Admin Tools does not display.
- The “Manage Widget” map in Admin Tools does not display.
The PublicEngines development team is actively working these issues, so please check back frequently to see which map issues have been resolved.